The hotel industry has suffered immensely because of the pandemic. The only way to get back into the game post-covid is to meet changing guest expectations. Do it with constructive feedback!
Gone are the days when comfortable hotel stays, abundant amenities or a lavish breakfast spread were enough to woo the guests.
These might have been their area of interest pre-covid, but the preferences have now shifted. Their inclination is more towards knowing the safety and hygiene practices followed by the hotels.
After being cooped up in their houses for months, travellers are now geared up for their vacations and trips. The ball is now in the court of the hotels. It is their job to meet the expectations of their guests, and it is the perfect opportunity to gain their trust and build long-term relationships with them.
How can it be done?
This is possible with feedback.
Why is Feedback more important than ever for the Hotel Industry?
- Were the services okay?
As a service-based industry, the hotel sector is generally driven by the services it provides during a stay, vacation, or dining. Thus, it is critical to deliver the finest service possible and to know how well you performed through feedback.
Feedbacks are a great way to know what you are doing right and areas that need improvement. Even if a guest leaves a negative review, know where you went wrong and work on it.
- Did we adhere to the Health and Safety Protocols?
The safety and hygiene protocols followed by the hotels were pretty basic earlier. A virus-free environment is what the post-covid world needs.
Through feedbacks, the management can determine if the protocols are followed dedicatedly.
They can also know if the protocols are being broken by the staff or the guest, and work head-on to tackle it.
- Act promptly to avoid a negative review
Before checking out and leaving a negative review online, guests let the hotel staff know about their unfavourable experience through feedback. This provides the hotel with an excellent chance to settle the issue on the spot while they are at the property, rather than allowing it to escalate further.
This can help avoid a negative review which can also create a negative impact on the potential guests.
- Did you like our new policies regarding covid-19?
Hotels will be required to frame new policies keeping in mind the covid-19 pandemic. Contact-less check-in, minimal face-to-face interaction with staff, keeping physical distance, and constantly wearing a mask are some of them.
The feedback allows the management to determine whether or not the visitors are pleased with the policies and are comfortable obeying them. If any of the policies cause any inconvenience to the guests, the hotel can endeavour to improve them.
- Helps in Planning the next budget
If the majority of the feedback received is positive, it sends a clear indication that the services and infrastructure are working fine.
If, on the other hand, the hotel receives a lot of negative comments, it suggests that something is definitely wrong. It might be the infrastructure, the facilities provided, or something else. Hotels can determine what it is through feedback and prepare to invest in it accordingly. This might also give long-term benefits to the property.
This is where Repup can be useful for hotels. It offers software that allows guests to publish feedback on online review platforms. This allows hoteliers to examine all the feedback, whether it is positive or negative in a single place. This can help the hotels in improving their visibility, ratings, and reviews.
What are the Points to Consider While Collecting Feedback?
- The feedback questions should be short and to the point.
- The questions asked should be relevant to their stay and not vague.
- Hotels can also have digital feedback options placed at different places through QR codes or tablets that can aid in higher feedback conversion.
- Email Feedback should be requested at least two days after the guests have checked out. If there is no response, send a reminder.
- Take action on negative feedback as soon as possible while the visitors are still on the property to avoid getting a negative review online.
Top Feedback Questions asked in Hospitality Sector Post Covid
- Will you recommend our hotel to others?
- Did you feel safe in terms of social distancing when interacting with staff?
- How was your experience using contactless check-in?
- How would you rate our service?
- How confident are you in our safety and sanitary measures?
How to Generate More Feedback and Increase Conversion?
Hotels that are looking to obtain feedback need to ask for it. Guests should be made aware of the program and encouraged to provide them.
Below are a few ideas to generate more feedback from the guests:
- Implement QR codes in several locations that are easily accessible to guests so that they can easily fill out the form.
- Mentioning the feedback initiative at crucial touchpoints, such as the front desk, restaurant, and spa. This can enhance conversion rates.
- Hotels with limited staff can digitize their feedback form by sending an automated email to the guest following their checkout. This is possible using software provided by Repup, an online hotel reputation management firm, which helps in improving the guest experience.
Hotels that use Repup have noticed up to a 15% increase in conversion over what they were previously receiving. We have strived to reduce negative feedback by 20-30% of our customers. This is achieved by sending an instant notification when a consumer leaves negative feedback on the hotel’s property itself.