Every time our phones ping, our hands reach out to pick it up and view what communication we have received. We receive messages for online delivery, flight bookings, e-commerce purchases and what not. When all these companies have found success with messaging then why are hotels still stuck with emails?
Businesses around the world have started using messaging services that customers use such as SMS, Whatsapp, Fb messenger among others to communicate in real time and make sure their communication is atleast read.
According to research :
- Individuals spend 5-6 hours using their smartphone for non work related activities everyday
- 90% of every message sent on SMS or messaging apps are read compared to email, which is just 18%
- The survey also states that 87% individuals prefer to receive communication from businesses they interact with via messaging
There are a few hotels that have seen a huge success in terms of revenue and guest satisfaction after implementing a messaging based CRM.
We have compiled data of a 150 room 5 star resort based in India using Xperium Messaging CRM to show you their success in numbers.
In the last 3 months Dec-Feb 2022, the property had an occupancy of 68% and an average price per room of USD165.
The above hotel used the Messaging crm for the following use cases:
- Send personalized communication
The property integrated their PMS with Xperium that gave Xperium Messaging CRM the capability to send targeted messages based on historical guest data and profile.
Hi Amanda, Thank you for booking with us for the third time. Let us know how we can make your stay even more memorable.
- Upsell hotel services
Rattling out all hotel offers and discounts at the frontdesk in front of the guest can be a big too much for someone that has just traveled miles to get to your hotel. This resort sent them an automated message welcoming them to the hotel and then subtly pushed their upsells.
Hey Arun, Avail 40% off on our aroma spa treatment at the vedic spa. click here to learn more
- Receive service requests
Guests were able to use whatsapp or FB messenger to create a service request which was then addressed by the hotel staff.
Just wanted to check if you have settled in your room. Do let us know if you need something during your stay.
- Run marketing offers to past guests
The hotel was able to view and segment previous guest data based on stay duration, stay time, spent data, demographic data and more to create targeted remarketing for guests.
Indulge yourself in the delicacies of Napoli during our Italian cuisine week. Don’t forget to use CODE ITL25 to get your special 25% discount
- Collect guest feedback
Previously the hotel was using email to send feedback requests, now feedback requests are automatically sent to guests via Whatsapp.
Hope you had a wonderful stay. Please help us improve by providing us with a short feedback. Bit.ly/feedback.32
Below are the actual numbers of the property from December- Feb 2022:
- During a period of 90 days the hotel was able to send 32,400 messages, which translates into 5 messages per occupied room.
- Out of all the messages sent 95.4% messages were read. There were a total of 989 upsell requests made by the guests.
- The hotel also managed to make an additional USD 34,600 through upsells. Three of the most upsell requests were late checkout, 15% off F&B and Airport pickup.
- In terms of feedback, there were 5832 feedback messages sent to guests, out of which 1049 guests or 17.9% managed to complete the feedback.
- The NPS score of the hotel also increased from 7.8 to 9.